Middle School Catholic Faith Summer Learning
2020 Summer Middle School Catholic Faith
Home Prayer and Celebration Space Ideas:
Create a family prayer space as a daily reminder that faith and spirituality are key components for a thriving home and family life. The space can be small and simple or large and layered.
Items to consider in a prayer space:
- Bible/Children’s Bible
- Prayer Books/Cards/Bookmarks
- Statue of the Blessed Mother and/or other favorite Saints
- Prayer jar or prayer book for personal intentions
- Random Acts of Kindness Jar – choose one to do a day: make a phone call, write a letter, sweep a neighbor’s sidewalk, leave flowers on a doorstep, was a neighbor’s car, etc.
- Small whiteboard or signage for the saint of the week and.or special dates: family birthdays & celebrations
For examples of Home Prayer Spaces click HERE
Saint of the Week
Each week highlights a saint. The saint life and/or mission is paired with a service project, prayer space symbols/activities, and YouTube clips and movies. Please note that movies marked with an asterisk are best reserved for middle school (6th grade and up).