All high schools within the Archdiocese of Washington require placement tests unless otherwise indicated by the high school. For more information on the Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Washington, visit the ADW Catholic High School Directory, or click on the name of the school below to visit the high school’s website.
Registration for the 2021 HSPT is now CLOSED.
All parents/guardians of students taking the HSPT in December and January will receive a copy of their child’s HSPT scores via email, in January 2022. All test results will be emailed from Scholastic Testing Services, Inc. Electronic results will be emailed from [email protected] Scores will not be released until all archdiocesan testing is completed and all scores are available for release. ADW Catholic schools and the HSPT Office are not permitted to release students’ scores.
If you have any questions, email [email protected] or use our LiveChat feature to ask!
The High School Placement Test (HSPT)
The following Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Washington require the High School Placement Test (HSPT) in their admissions process:
- The Academy of the Holy Cross
- Archbishop Carroll High School
- Bishop McNamara High School
- DeMatha Catholic High School
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work-Study Program
- Elizabeth Seton High School
- Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School
- Gonzaga College High School
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- St. John’s College High School
- St. Mary’s Ryken High School
- St. Vincent Pallotti High School
The following Archdiocese of Washington Catholic high schools utilize different entrance examinations. Please see school profiles for more information.
- Brookewood School
- Connelly School of the Holy Child
- Georgetown Preparatory School
- St. Anselm’s Abbey School
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- The Avalon School
Please contact the high school to obtain information about entrance examination processes.