Registration for the HSPT is now closed. We recommend that you reach out to the admissions office of your choice school to explore alternative testing opportunities. Please note that there will be no further test administrations from The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Washington.
All high schools within the Archdiocese of Washington require placement tests unless otherwise indicated by the high school. For more information on the Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Washington, visit the ADW Catholic High School Directory, or click on the name of the school below to visit the high school’s website.
The High School Placement Test (HSPT)
Registration for the 2023 HSPT is now closed. Please contact the school(s) you are applying to for information on testing options.
The following Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Washington require the High School Placement Test (HSPT) in their admissions process:
- The Academy of the Holy Cross*
- Archbishop Carroll High School
- Bishop McNamara High School
- DeMatha Catholic High School
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work-Study Program*
- Elizabeth Seton High School
- Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School
- Gonzaga College High School
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- St. John’s College High School
- St. Mary’s Ryken High School
- St. Vincent Pallotti High School
The following Archdiocese of Washington Catholic high schools utilize different entrance examinations. Please see school profiles for more information.
- Brookewood School
- Connelly School of the Holy Child
- Georgetown Preparatory School
- St. Anselm’s Abbey School
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- The Avalon School
Please contact the high school to obtain information about entrance examination processes.