All high schools within the Archdiocese of Washington require placement tests unless otherwise indicated by the high school. For more information on the Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Washington, visit the ADW Catholic High School Directory, or click on the name of the school below to visit the high school’s website.
Registration for the 2020 High School Placement Test is now open. Please click on the button below to access the registration portal.
Please note: This link is for 8th grade students not currently enrolled in a Catholic elementary or middle school in the Archdiocese of Washington that administers the High School Placement Test. If your student is currently enrolled in a Catholic elementary school in the Archdiocese of Washington, please contact your school principal for the registration link. Transfer students to one of the Archdiocese of Washington Catholic high schools should contact their school of choice directly for admission information. If you have any other questions regarding the HSPT, please email [email protected]
The High School Placement Test (HSPT)
The following Catholic high schools in the Archdiocese of Washington require the High School Placement Test (HSPT) in their admissions process:
- The Academy of the Holy Cross
- Archbishop Carroll High School
- Bishop McNamara High School
- DeMatha Catholic High School
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work-Study Program
- Elizabeth Seton High School
- Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School
- Gonzaga College High School
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- St. John’s College High School
- St. Mary’s Ryken High School
- St. Vincent Pallotti High School
The following Archdiocese of Washington Catholic high schools utilize different entrance examinations. Please see school profiles for more information.
- Brookewood School
- Connelly School of the Holy Child
- Georgetown Preparatory School
- St. Anselm’s Abbey School
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- The Avalon School
Please contact the high school to obtain information about entrance examination processes.