All high schools within the Archdiocese of Washington require placement tests, unless otherwise indicated by the high school.
The High School Placement Test (HSPT)
The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is the official entrance exam used by the Archdiocese of Washington Catholic high schools. The following 11 high schools utilize the HSPT each fall for admissions:
- The Academy of the Holy Cross
- Archbishop Carroll High School
- Bishop McNamara High School
- DeMatha Catholic High School
- Elizabeth Seton High School
- Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School
- Gonzaga College High School
- Our Lady of Good Counsel High School
- St. John’s College High School
- St. Mary’s Ryken High School
- St. Vincent Pallotti High School
The following seven Archdiocese of Washington Catholic high schools utilize different entrance examinations. Please see school profiles for more information.
- Brookewood School
- Connelly School of the Holy Child
- Don Bosco Cristo Rey High School and Corporate Work Study Program
- Georgetown Preparatory School
- St. Anselm’s Abbey School
- Stone Ridge School of the Sacred Heart
- The Avalon School
Please contact the high school to obtain information about entrance examination processes.