HSPT Dates, Locations, and Fees
- Registration for the 2020-2021 HSPT opens on October 26, 2020.
- Registration and payment deadline for December 5, 2020 test closes on November 29, 2020.
- Registration and payment deadline for December 12, 2020 test closes on December 6, 2020.
- Registration for testing accommodations for December 5, 2020 test closes on November 20, 2020 or as locations fill.
- Registration for testing accommodations for December 12, 2020 test closes November 27, 2020 or as locations fill.
- The High School Choice(s) window opens on November 23, 2020 and must be registered online by December 13, 2020.
The HSPT is administered to students not attending Catholic elementary schools in the Archdiocese of Washington at the following Catholic high schools. Testing accommodations will be provided at all testing locations on certain Saturday dates:
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Academy of the Holy Cross – Online Testing Only*
Bishop McNamara High School
DeMatha Catholic High School*
Georgetown Visitation Preparatory School – Online Testing Only*
Gonzaga College High School*
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School*
St. Mary’s Ryken High School*
St. John’s College High School
St. Vincent Pallottti High School
Saturday, December 12, 2020
Archbishop Carroll High School – Online Testing Only*
Bishop McNamara High School*
DeMatha Catholic High School
Elizabeth Seton High School – Online Testing Only*
Gonzaga College High School
Our Lady of Good Counsel High School – Online Testing Only
St. John’s College High School*
St. Vincent Pallottti High School*
* Testing Accommodations available
All students must be registered to take the HSPT. No walk-ins are permitted. To reschedule a missed HSPT date due to illness, the parent/guardian must call send a message to [email protected], no later than the Monday following the missed test date.
The HSPT for students attending Archdiocese of Washington Catholic schools will be administered at their schools on Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
Test Registration Fees
The registration fee is based on the number of HSPT schools to which a student will apply:
- $67.50: test scores are sent to up to four schools in the Archdiocese of Washington. Students interested in sending their score report to more than four schools should email [email protected] for instructions and assistance.
Please note the following fees for additional school selections:
- +$15: test score is sent to one additional school in the Archdiocese of Baltimore or the Diocese of Arlington.
- Acceptable forms of payment include MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover.
The HSPT Online
Select Catholic High School testing sites listed above will administer the HSPT Online only. The HSPT Online is exactly the same format as the traditional paper-and-pencil test: 2.5 hours of testing time beginning at 9 a.m., 298 total test items across 5 subtests (Verbal, Quant, Reading, Language and Math). Test proctoring will be facilitated via video conferencing application by the high school selected during registration via video conferencing application (ie: Zoom). The test is completely web-based, so students can test remotely on any device. No software requirements or downloads required, only an internet connection is needed to test.
If you are interested in testing online, please select one of the online only testing options during registration. The high school selected will provide the student’s login credentials via email prior to testing.